Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

I have always been a big fan of birthdays. I love surprise parties, festive dinners, and, okay…I love presents, too. *smiles* But, I don’t just love them for myself, I love everyone’s birthday. It is a unique opportunity to celebrate the life and future of those we know and love.

Let’s see…some statistics about my life in the last 28 years.

• I survived one life and death surgery a couple of days after I was born
• I was blessed with loving parents and two crazy sisters (love ya guys!)
• I was first published in a small city-wide literary magazine in the third grade for a short prose on Martin Luther King, Jr.
• In 8th grade, I learned that I really could not sing.
• I still tried to sing by joining the praise band at church between my freshman and sophomore year in high school
• I’ve never broken a bone in my body…that we know for sure.
• I was sick for six months straight with a slew of colds, sinus infections, and ear infections. It got to the point I had to have a scope shoved up my nose, down my throat, and into my lungs, followed by a CAT scan or MRI whatever it was they did.
• I’ve had to undergo allergy shots…twice.
• I have been to 30 states and 3 countries.
• I graduated in the top 10 of my class with a 3.89 GPA.
• I was offered two partial scholarships…one to Manhattan Christian College in Manhattan, KS and one to Eureka College in Eureka, IL (same college Ronald Regan went to).
• I want to be a published author.
• I took advantage of everything high school had to offer, but failed to do so in college.
• I have a wonderful husband and two darling daughters.
• I want to adopt children (yes, more than one) some day when the girls are older.
• I’ve gotten three speeding tickets.
• I’ve screwed up more times than I can count. I’ve disappointed everyone I know at least one time in my life.
• I am a Christian. I am redeemed.
• I am forgiven.
• I am learning to love the way God intends me a little more with each passing day.
• I am learning to forgive in the same way.
• I am a work in progress…every day is a new chance b/c God’s mercies are new every morning.
• I am 28 today.
What are your major highlights?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! This is exactly what I was going to do for my birthday next week :) Now it'll look like I'm copying you. Oh well. My major highlights will be on there, though, so you can see then. And maybe I'll even tell you how old I am :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts/opinions.