Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby Update

I had a doctor appointment this morning. At just over twenty-six weeks, the Connor is a exactly two pounds! I thought I was just going in for a blood sugar check, but apparently, I was misinformed. It was a nice surprise, though, because I had the girls with me.

They hadn't seen anything other than ultrasound pictures, so they were through the roof with excitement at the idea of getting to see their little brother on the TV. Alana's face just lit up as I pointed out Connor's head and belly and feet.

Over the last few weeks, the fact that there's a baby in my belly has become more real to the girls, and they've actually started talking to him. Alana tries to have conversations with Connor, while Kyra sits next to me and tells him stories about "the really, really baby Connor and the really, really baby monster". Even cuter (and funnier) than that is that when they do to talk to him, they have to pull my shirt up so they can see my belly. I asked Alana why she did that (she was the one who started it). She pointed to my belly button and said matter-of-factly, "So Connor can see me."

Yeah, I thought you all could use a good laugh.

Over the last month, we managed to do some room rearranging to make room for the new baby. Connor now how his own room, and the girls have a bigger bedroom. The office stuff came down stairs and our living room became a lot more cramped. That's okay, though, it's getting tough to go up and down the stairs too much. I know, I'm a wimp.

Now we're turning our attention to purchasing some big things--a convertible bed, a new stroller, etc. In fact, two weeks ago, we purchased a "new" van! That's right, I'm well on my way to becoming a soccer mom. The van got its test run on a mini-vacation to my sister's in Kentucky for a baby shower with family and friends. It was a blast...and the van was a smooth and wonderful ride!

Lots of changes going on with this third child...and the excitement is starting to build. Less than three months to go...what are we going to do? :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are SO much more ready than me! I'm at 22 weeks now and am anything but ready! Congrats on seeing pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew babies could see through the belly button. LOL Learn something new every day. ;) Thanks for the laugh! I needed this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts/opinions.