Friday, June 18, 2010

Welcome Connor!



For those of you who don't follow me on Facebook, you may not realize that it has happened! We welcomed Connor into the world yesterday!

After 10 1/2 hours of labor, Connor Richard Burke was born at 4:28 p.m.. He was 8 lbs 3.8 oz and 20 in long. I think he's cute as a button, don't you?



For those who are interested, here's a little more in depth look at the labor and delivery:

I checked in Wednesday night because I really hadn't started dialating. They put a fully bulb (not sure on the spelling, too tired to look it up)in overnight to get that process started. At about six in the morning, they started me on pitocin. The next three hours were pretty easy, but the contractions grew stronger. At about 10:30, I got an epidural--yes, I am one of those who would be screaming for drugs--and at 11:30 they broke my water.

Over the next four hours, my contractions increased in strength and frequency, but I still wasn't dialating. Also, it seemed everytime I contracted, Connor's heartbeat would decel. They put me on oxygen and had me moving all over the place, including moving me to my elbows and knees toward the end (that hurt!).

Then the doctor came in to check me and I was still about 7-8 cm. She said if I didn't start dialating more by 4:00, then we'd have to seriously consider a c-section for both Connor and mine's sake. That must have scared my cervix into cooperating because I quickly dialated to ten and we were off.

The delivery itself was pretty easy, despite the fact that Connor was almost a pound heaverier than we expected. Two contractions and a little less than 10 mins later, the doctor pulled out a handsome little baby.

Connor is perfectly healthy and totally adorable! Not that I'm biased or anything. He has been eating and everything like he's supposed to and all his vitals are wonderful.

Thank you all for your support and advice over the last few months. You all are wonderful and I'm thankful to have such great friends. God bless...

3 comments:

  1. So glad everything went well and the baby is healthy. He's so beautiful, so sweet and small! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so glad everyone is healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Your girls are so cute too. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts/opinions.