Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunday Night Done Right

I don't watch a lot of TV anymore. I just can't get into a lot of shows. However, Lifetime does Sunday night up right.

Last Sunday (not yesterday, but the week before), Army Wives premiered with it's fifth season. It's a promising season that has me on pins and needles! Yay!

Premiering along with Army Wives was a new show called Coming Home. You know all those videos of soldiers coming home you've seen haunting the web--well the made a tv show out of it. I was kind of skeptical of how they would sustain a show like this, but after two episodes, I can see it has staying power. It's like America's Funniest Videos meets One Last Wish foundation. People send in videos of their homecomings to share with all of us (and make us cry). But the show also sets up a big homecoming for a lucky fammily. The first week it was for a father and son who loved sword fighting. Yesterday it was uniting a single father with his violin-playing daughter at a symphony. Can I hear the collective "Aw..."? lol...

So, what do I do on Sunday nights? I pop some popcorn, grab a Diet Coke and box of tissues, and settle down (usually in my bedroom) in some comfy PJs. Two hours of tear-jerkers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts/opinions.