Saturday, May 7, 2011
Top 11 AMAZING Facts About Me
First, let me say a hearty HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! to all my fellow mothers out there. We have a tough job, but the rewards are many and well worth it. I pray that God blesses each of you today. On to today's regularly scheduled program...
I don't know that there's that much AMAZING about me. But, well, here's some fun facts about me. I was going to wait until closer to my birthday to post something like this, but since Wives of Faith insisted…
1. I had surgery when I was 2 days old to remove a large tumor in my neck (think man’s fist in baby’s neck). The doc’s said there was a 95% chance I would be physically/mentally handicapped to the point of being unable to take care of myself. Other than a paralyzed shoulder that limits how much I can lift, I’m completely normal. Well, you know, as normal as I can be.
2. When I was little (like 6 or so), I tricked my sister into thinking a tomato cage was a Chinese trap. With her arms pinned to her side, she attempted to hop to my dad and fell flat on her face—result? Not good…she had to black eyes and a big goose egg on her forehead. Yeah, is it any wonder I still don’t like tomato cages?
3. I was published in the city-wide literary magazine when I was in the 3rd grade for a little piece on Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. I am the blessed mother of three darlings. I wouldn't trade this job for the world!
5. I’ve been to Disney World TWICE! I went with my high school band my junior year, and the school dance team my senior year. Fun times! I so intend to take my kids in a couple of years!
6. I’ve lived in 6 states (one state four times) and one foreign country.
7. I graduated Top 10 in my high school class.
8. I married the love of my life and he still surprises and delights me.
9. My first pregnancy/delivery was my hardest. I had diabetes and eclapsia by the time they induced labor. It took 20 hrs of labor and almost 2 hrs of pushing, but Alana was finally born. Both mother and daughter recovered from the experience nicely!
10. My passion is to share the extraordinary ways that God works in our lives through fiction writing.
11. I am human. I know, shocker. I make mistakes, but I am redeemed by a loving Savior and share an inheritance befitting a princess.
Now that you know a little more about me, what about you? Tell me something AMAZING about yourself.
Ralene’s BeachFest Trivia Question:
Alana starts Kindergarten this year—where is she going to school?
DON'T FORGET! Last night to enter a short 300 words on your best birthday for 30 points toward the grand prize package! Also, go back and leave a comment on Friday's post for a chance to win Exposure by Brandilyn Collins!