Friday, May 6, 2011
Top 11 Fun Things I"m Determined to DO in Hawaii!
Yesterday, one of my 11 reasons I love being a military wife is the opportunity to make the most of every place we go. Somehow, my husbanded landed a much coveted duty station—Hawaii! Now, while I wasn’t totally excited at first, I am loving it here. Due to some circumstances beyond our control, we haven’t actually been able to get out and do much, but boy do we have a list!
1. Island-hop. There are like 125 islands that make up the Hawaii chain. While I don’t intend to visit that many, I do want to visit Maui and the Big Island.
2. Spend a day out at Diamond-head.
3. Take a leisurely drive around the entire island (except for the one little part where there’s no roads).
4. Take in an official luau.
5. Visit the Polynesian Cultural Center.
6. Visit the Dole Plantation.
7. Have a weekend with my hubby at the Hale Koa.
8. Spend a day at Pearl Harbor.
9. Visit the zoo and the aquarium.
10. One day, when I have more stamina, I want to go on one of the several beautiful hikes.
11. This one I’m almost embarrassed to say I haven’t done yet—hit the Stadium Swap Meet!
There are several other things we plan to do while we’re here, but these are what I’m most excited about. We have 2 ½ years left here, so plenty of time to take it all in! What do you want to do where you are? (even if you’ve been there for years!)
Ralene’s BeachFest Trivia Question:
For what website am I the newborn/baby blogger? Hmm…
DON'T FORGET! Email me your best birthday in 300 words or less for a chance to win 30 points toward the grand prize package! (due tomorrow night)